Jennifer L. Fiore
Unlike most of her peers, Jennifer Fiore didn't start out with the small stuff. Right out of the University of San Francisco School of Law, she practiced in admiralty and maritime personal injury law, a particularly complex specialty that requires lawyers to master a host of intricate statutes and strategies. It was an area that she had embraced even as a student, serving as editor-in-chief of the Maritime Law Journal. More importantly, it prepared her for the complicated, often technical personal injury cases that Mary Alexander & Associates is known for taking on - and winning.
Whether she is representing injured cruise ship passengers, automobile accident victims, or those who have suffered abuse in nursing homes, Jennifer’s goal is always the same: to help those who have suffered. And that’s something she began doing long before she sat for the bar exam. Prior to law school, Jennifer was a business administrator for a San Francisco nonprofit that houses the families of children receiving treatment for life-threatening illnesses. As a first-year law student, she stayed on – juggling studies with work – as the organization’s resident manager. Later in law school, Jennifer represented tenants in eviction cases, and even traveled to Geneva – as part of the school’s human rights clinic – to advocate the abolishment of the juvenile death penalty.
Known for her composure under fire and commitment to clients, Jennifer’s results stand out clearly.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Maritime Personal Injury Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Law Journal: Maritime Law Journal, Volume 11, Editor-in-Chief, 1998 - 1999
- Editor-in-Chief, Maritime Law Journal, Volume 11, 1999
- Adjunct Professor, Admiralty and Maritime Law, Golden Gate University School of Law, 2003
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Rising Star by Superlawyers, 2009 - 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member