Sophia M. Aslami
Location: San Francisco, California
Email: E-mail Me
Sophia completed her undergraduate education in 2004 at the University of California, Irvine, with a B.A. in Social Ecology, with a pre-law focus. After a year of handling risk management and negotiations on predatory lending claims in Southern California, she began her legal education at the University of San Francisco. There, she served as Associate Editor of the USF Maritime Law Journal (Volume 19), Managing Editor of the Journal of Law and Social Challenges (Volume 10), and tutored the subject of Contracts.
During law school, Sophia was inspired by San Francisco’s prevalent social services network, and she advocated for the rights of San Francisco’s homeless population during law school and worked on eviction defense cases. She also worked as a judicial extern in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Right out of law school, Sophia began practicing personal injury law with Mary Alexander & Associates. Currently she assists on a wide variety of cases, including wrongful death, traumatic brain injury and motor vehicle accidents.
Sophia is known for her passion and perseverance in representing victims of all types of injuries, which makes her a valuable member of the firm.
Admitted to practice in the State of California and the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Law
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Law Journal: USF Maritime Law Journal (Volume 19), Associate Editor
- Law Journal: Journal of Law and Social Challenges (Volume 10), Managing Editor
- University of California, Irvine
- B.A. – 2004
- Major: Social Ecology
Honors and Awards
- Selected as a Rising Star by Superlawyers, 2012 – 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, Judicial Extern